Those of you who know me know that I don’t personally write our website news – it is just not my thing – it is members of my team that post our updates here. This news however is a personal post from me and it is mainly a massive
* I was diagnosed with a 4cm bowel
* I underwent a 9″ bowel re-section operation but then had to have a second operation after a failed join-up of the bowel-ends and subsequent infection.
* A 5-day hospital stay actually turned into a 21-day stay.
* I was discharged with strong antibiotics and blood-thinning injections which my wee boy Archie did for me (maybe I have a budding doctor there!)
* I have been given the ALL-CLEAR – there has been no spread at all, including to the lymph nodes, so I will not need to undergo any Chemo or radiotherapy.
I have been back home and recovering slowly and am now delighted to say that I will be back at work full time on Monday 16th September and I am looking forward to that.
I have been completely humbled by the sheer amount of cards and letters sent, by my staff rallying
Another massive thankyou goes to
And, to all of you – let me tell you the only symptoms I had were some blood on the loo paper when I had a poo and an increase in the urge to go to the loo. I had no pain or other symptoms.
To anyone reading this – if you see any blood in your poo – then don’t ignore it, guys